PROCEDURE FOR REQUESTING AN EXHIBIT
The Pence Gallery's mission is to serve its community through displayting high exhibiting art of local, national, and international renown, the Pence strives to educate and inspire out community about the artistic and cultural heritage of California.
REQUESTING A SHOW
We welcome suggestions from artists and community members in regards to exhibit development. If you are interested in submitting a proposal for an exhibition, please provide the following information:
1. A cover letter describing the purpose or curatorial intent of the exhibition.
2. A resumé
3. A disk or flashdrive with 10 to 15 digital images of current work (past 3-5 years). Digital images should be saved in JPEG format at 96 ppi with the image's longest dimension not exceeding 1024 pixels. Image files should be labeled with last name first initial, and numbers, indicating your preferred viewing order (example: doej01.jpg). Do not include any other information. Image files can be a maximum of 2 MB each.
A printed copy of a corresponding image list. The image list must include artist name, date of work, dimensions of work, medium, and image oreintation.
5. The curator will make every effort to review and respond to submissions in a timely manner.
6. In the event of an exhibit, all work must be ready to hang.
7. Proposals should be mailed to
Attn: Natalie Nelson
212 D Street, Davis CA 95616
or dropped off at the Pence Gallery during business hours: Tuesday-Sunday, 11:30 AM to 5 PM.
If your proposal is accepted, you will receive detailed information about schedules and terms.
Please contact Natalie Nelson, the exhibition director with any questions or concerns at 530-758-3370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
> Click here to download Pence Floor Plans