UNDERGRADUATE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
In this 6-month course, limited to four students per session, the intern will become proficient in all aspects of gallery management. For the first 8 weeks, each intern must attend a one-hour per week seminar. In addition to the seminar, and continuing for the next four months, the intern must commit to 4 volunteer hours per week. Included in the course is:
- The art of business letters and correspondence
- Phone greetings and etiquette
- Creating a budget
- Grant writing
- Sponsors and fundraising
- Creating websites
- Community outreach
- Announcement/brochure design
- Press releases
- Creating a theme/exhibit
- Educational programs
- Exhibition design & installation
- Artist selection process
- Setting the exhibition calendar
Requirements: Junior/Senior standing with major in Art, Art History, or Design
The Pence Gallery coordinates an internship program that is open to all junior or senior
, under-graduate & graduate students in the fields of Art, Art History and Design.
We have both short-term (10 week-long) and long term (20 week-long) internship programs.
Interested college students should apply by sending
- a letter detailing interest in goals for the internship
- a current printout of college transcripts, and
- a resume to: Natalie Nelson, Pence Gallery Director, 212 D Street, Davis, CA 95616
The deadline for applying is Sept. 30 for 6 month internship.
The course begins every October and continues through April. Internships can qualify for University credit.