UNDERGRADUATE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
In this 6-month course, limited to four students per session, the intern will become proficient in all aspects of gallery management. For the first 8 weeks, each intern must attend a one-hour per week seminar. In addition to the seminar, and continuing for the next four months, the intern must commit to 4 volunteer hours per week. Included in the course is:
- The art of business letters and correspondence
- Phone greetings and etiquette
- Creating a budget
- Grant writing
- Sponsors and fundraising
- Creating websites
- Community outreach
- Announcement/brochure design
- Press releases
- Creating a theme/exhibit
- Educational programs
- Exhibition design & installation
- Artist selection process
- Setting the exhibition calendar
Requirements: Junior/Senior standing with major in Art, Art History, or Design
The Pence Gallery coordinates an internship program that is open to all junior or senior
, under-graduate & graduate students in the fields of Art, Art History and Design.
We have both short-term (10 week-long) for Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer quarters, and long term (20 week-long) internship programs.
Interested college students should apply by sending
- a letter detailing interest in goals for the internship (specific long or short program)
- a current printout of college transcripts, and
- a resume to: Natalie Nelson, Pence Gallery Director, 212 D Street, Davis, CA 95616
The deadline for applying is Sept. 1st for 6 month internship.
The course begins with the UC Davis Fall quarter and continues through March. Internships can qualify for University credit.
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT THE PENCE GALLERY
The Pence is a nonprofit art organization that depends upon volunteer support and expertise. We welcome your involvement!
Please download the pdf version of Volunteer Opportunites form by clicking the link below and complete the form and
- fax back to 530-758-4670
- email it to email@example.com or
- drop off at the Gallery at 212 D Street, Davis, CA 95616
Volunteer Opportunties Form